Sunday, June 24, 2012

June Update - Busy, Busy, Busy

We've been very busy lately.  Not that we've really been doing much of anything, but preparing for vacation on top of Father's Day and other miscellaneous adventures has kept me away from the computer lately.  I'm sure my husband and kiddos are happy about that.  Time for a recap of what's been going on around the Louvier home.

I'm loving this picture.  It cracks me up.  This is Katie after we had a discussion about her fake smile that she gives me when I pull the camera out.  Now this is a real smile. 

Now this is my sweet Katie.  Posing pretty for momma.  This NEVER happens.
Kinsley got to go to the beach with Maw Maw and Paw Paw for the day with her other little cousins.  I swear my mother is gluten for punishment when she decides to take on 2 two year olds and a very rambunctious 1 year old.  They all had a great time though and were on their very best behavior.

All three of them on the way to the beach.  Those carseats were crammed into that Honda Accord.  Kinsley's carseat was actually way too big, so Maw Maw had to borrow one from Aunt B for Kinsley to sit in.  I now know that it is possible for 3 carseats to fit in the back of a small car. 

This is just too stinkin' ca-ute!!!!

Kinsley and Lilly with Maw Maw in the water.  For those of you that are used to crystal blue waters on the East Coast, this is what the water from West of the Mississippi looks like.  Dirty, dirty, dirty, but we're used to it and love to be down at the beach.

Maw Maw and Paw Paw wore them out.
While Kinsley was at the beach.  I decided to give my sister, Brenna, a break from motherhood for the day.  Brendon and Breanna were with their MiMi, Chloe was with Maw Maw, Lindsey was - well, not really sure where she was, but she's 15...she comes and goes, and Journey was with Nanny (me :).  We snuggled a lot.

She thinks that Nanny is super comfy.  She always falls asleep on me.
When Maw Maw brought Kinsley home, Chloe got to stay with us.
Brenna picked them the girls up at 11:00.  I was wiped out.

Father's Day was June 17th.  We had a lazy Sunday.  Eben barbequed some things on the grill.  Then later that evening we went to my sister's mother-in-law's house, which is directly behind my mom's house, for steaks.  It was a very relaxing Father's Day.

The girls got to play in the water all evening.  The weather was unusally cool (85ish) for June.  We got to spend all evening outside.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the girls with daddy. 

Friday, June 22nd, my sister, Amy, took Katie and Kinsely for the night.  Eben and I went to see Miranda Lambert.  I LOVE HER!!!!  I really love The Pistol Annies.  They are my fav.  2 of my oldest friends were there.  They sat closer than we did.  I will never buy floor tickets again, unless I'm on the front row.  Everyone stood as soon as she came out and didn't sit back down once.  I couldn't see anything.  I even had a hard time seeing the teletrons.  The pictures we took turned out horribly because of the crazy lighting they had going on, but I did get some of my friend's pictures from her view from the front row.

Lauren (Nikki's little sister), Brandy, Nikki, and me.  I love these girls.

Me and Eben enjoying our time together at the concert.

This is the best picture we got from the concert.
This is the picture a friend of mine took from the front row.  JEALOUS!!!
The Pistol Annies singing Hell on Heels.
Saturday morning I had to pick the girls up from my sister's house.  We then had to rush home and get dressed for my cousin's baby shower.  She's having her first child in August. 
I can't wait to meet Mr. Jaxson.

That's been our June 2012.  Something else that I did this past week was read.  I did A LOT of reading.  I'm almost ashamed to tell what books I've read.  I'll let the graphic tell you.  I read all 3 books this week.  My poor kids were soooooo neglected.
Yes, I will be going to see Magic Mike even if I have to go by myself.  I LOVE me some Channing Tatum.  HOT, HOT, HOT.  I would love to see him as Christian Grey in the Fifty Shades of Grey movie.

Last, but not least, when we got home yesterday, I was taking the girls out of the car when I looked down at my feet and saw this HUGE creature near my foot.  Thank goodness it was dead.
I've never seen anything like it.
I had to find out what it is.  It's a cicada killer.  Look at the stinger on that thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment