Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fun Filled Day from the Bucket List

It was a rainy, yucky day yesterday.  So, in honor of rain day, we pulled a few items from our Bucket List so that I didn't have to hear, "I'm bored," a million times.  We had a BLAST!

Bucket List Item #1:  PJ Day (we really didn't pull this one out, but I didn't feel like getting dressed, so I faked it...shhhh!)

Bucket List Item #2:  Build a fort - It was awesome and cozy, and I soooooo wanted to take a nap in it, until Katie decided to slide off the back of the big chair using the blanket as a slide.  I told her not to do it, but she did it anyway, and guess where she landed....on her bottom.  It wasn't a nice, soft landing either.  It made the house shake.  She hurt her bum, and I had no compassion for her for like the first 30 seconds.  Then I gave her a booboo bear and told her to listen to me when I tell her something.  She got over it quickly and the fort came down.  Yeah, I know...I'm so mean!!!!  I'm told that quite often by Miss Katie herself...oh, and I don't like kids. 


Kinsley was enjoying herself.

Bucket List Item #3:  Picnic lunch in the living room and a movie
So, that diet I'm supposed to be on kind of got thrown out the window during lunch.  I have a thing for tuna and/or chicken salad.  I made tuna salad sandwiches, cutie oranges with grapes and apples, and single serving bags of chips.  I threw our picnic blanket down on the ground and laid it all out.  Woohoo!  We get to eat in the living room!!!  I just knew they were both thinking that.  We watched a movie and ate lunch together.  It was quite lovely, until Kinsley choked on a cutie.  No more fruit for her.

Bucket List Item #4:  Marble Slab in our PJs
After dinner we all took baths and put on fresh PJs....yes, we were in PJs ALL DAY LONG.  It was very liberating.  Then we headed out the door to Marble Slab.  I had already thrown my diet out the window because of the tuna salad, so I ate the biggest bowl of coffee ice cream with a dipped cone bowl thingie with Heath Bar crumbled all over it.  It was heavenly.  They girls loved it, but didn't finish it all.  I was so tempted to finish them both off, but I had a little bit of self discipline left from the day. 

Daddy and his girls!


My little Smurf.

We had dentist appointments and errands to run today, so we didn't get to do anything from the Bucket List.  Tomorrow is going to be a little crazy too, but we should have time to do at least one thing.  We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. that sounds soooo fun! we have a summer bucket list too-that's where the volcanoes came in. :) i am just waiting for a rainy day to build forts and watch movies... but it's been a crazy dry spring/summer here.. following your blog now!

    ReplyDelete