Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Big Time Failure

Well, it's official.  I'm a failure when it comes to starting the Proverbs 31 Wife challenge.  I seriously have had no time to start it.  I'm thinking that I may have to wait for school to be over.  I have been going to bed late each night this week because of work.  I've been waking up late because I stayed up late the night before.  Ugh!  I will do it.  I just don't have time to focus on it right now.  I'm not saying that I'm not focusing on my marriage.  In fact, just the opposite has occured. 

Eben's birthday was Monday.  We celebrated all weekend.  We had a crawfish boil on Saturday with a few of our family members.  I scrubbed the house down Saturday morning and it smelled amazing, which is one of the things my dear hubby loves.  I had Cajun music on the radio and the patio was all set up when he got home.  Thanks to my dear brother-in-law.  We had a great time with family, good food, and good music. 




Sunday, we didn't go to church again.  I'm failing at that too.  I had every intention of going, but with everyone over the night before I needed the entire day to go grocery shopping, get Easter stuff, get my sister's bday present, as well as Eben's, and to get ready for the next day.  I also spent the day cleaning up the big mess that was made the night before. 

I had seen a pin on Pinterest about a gift for husbands.  This link will take you directly to Keep Calm and Carry On, which is the blog the pin belonged to.  I had to make one for my husband. 

The Bud Light box is supposed to be like an Easter basket.  There's Easter grass at the bottom of the box.  I then added a package of chocolate chip cookies (his fav), a peanut butter Easter bunny, a poof, body wash, Gas X (to go along with the card that the girls got him...they thought it was hilarious), razor blades (expensive), a garden gnome, a timer thing that waters his garden on schedule, and swim trunks.  The girls wanted to get him a football, but when we went to the Dallas Cowboys Store they were $100, so they got him a Dallas Cowboys teddy bear instead.  I also loaded the outside refrigerator with beer.  He was a very happy camper. 

Sunday night I fixed him a wonderful meal of meatloaf, mashed potato bake, and Cajun green beans.  When we were blessing the food, we thanked God for sending him to us. 

On Monday, his real birthday, I got him a cookie cake (his fav) with a very small amount of chocolate icing on it.  We invited my sister and her family over to enjoy it with us. 
I'd say, his birthday was a huge success!

No comments:

Post a Comment