Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Little Set Back

I had every intention of starting my Proverbs 31 Wife challenge on Monday.  Unfortunately a few things popped up that prevented me from starting. 

First off, I was coming off of spring break mode.  You know, the mode where you sleep later than normal and go to bed way past your usual bed time.  I usually wake up at 4 AM on school days, but Monday I woke up at 5:45.  That gave me 45 minutes to chug some coffee, jump in the shower, get dressed, and out the door by 6:30. 

Then, I text my dear hubby to ask how Kinsley's first day of speech went.  He said, "She didn't go.  We were sitting in front of the school at 8:00.  She said that she needed to pee, so I drove home.  Then she said she needed to poop and she never did."  Needless to say, Kinsley missed her first day of speech.  I was furious.  Then he tells me that the daycare can't drop her off or pick her up when he can't do either.  I immediately started to panic.  But then it hit me.  Dear hubby doesn't have to be at work until 9:00, and he's the boss.  She has speech Monday and Wednesdays from 8:15 to 8:45.  The daycare is across the street from the school she would be going to for speech, and we live exactly 1 minute and 30 seconds from the school.  Why in the world can't he do it on those days????  UGH!!!  FRUSTRATED much?

This morning, on my way to work I called my dear hubby and asked him to take out the pork chops for dinner tonight.  I told him to put them back in the refrigerator before he left.  When I walked in after school this afternoon, guess what was not out of the freezer.  Yep.  The porkchops.  And the house was a disaster.  I immediately started washing dishes and cleaning up.  He walks in 30 minutes later asking me what's for dinner. 

This is going to be tough. It's hard for me to bite my tongue sometimes.  Not that I fight with my husband.  We don't usually fight.  We're more of the silent treatment type, but I do make little jabs sometimes. 

So, I'll be starting the process next week.  I already need a vacation from this week and it's only Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment