Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Break Laziness

I've been on spring break this week.  It's been so relaxing, but I've accomplished a whole lot of nothing.  I told ya'll that I would be posting the good, the bad, pretty, and ugly.  This is one of those bad/ugly moments.  Like I sad, I've been a tad bit lazy this week.  I'm usually going 90 mph and I've been going maybe 5 this week. 
I know that my hubby was probably thinking, "What in the world did she do all day?" when he came home from work yesterday.  He'll probably be thinking the same thing again today if I don't get off my rump and do something.  So, here are the before pictures.  I will post the after pictures once I finish.  I'm going to time myself to see what I can get done in 3 hours.  Wish me luck!!!
I haven't washed clothes in a week.  I'm ashamed.

We use the dinner table to feed the kids, and hold anything and everything that needs to be put someplace as soon as we walk in the door.  My purse is a regular on the table. 
This is Katie's room.  I'm washing her sheets; therefore, her bed isn't made.  I found a great website that gave me an idea of something to use to get the stains out of the carpet.  My $200 carpet cleaner didn't do the trick.  We'll see if vinegar does.  Oh, and this room was clean yesterday.

Eben's bathroom.  I refuse to clean this mess.  I will do it today only because I'm afraid that he'll get sick from being in here.  I have cleaned it in the past only to have him walk in it and destroy it in the same day.

The clean dishes that are on the cabinet have been there for 2 days.  There are a few dishes in the sink, but not much.  Kinsley and I fell asleep pretty early yesterday evening.  Eben and Katie ate at the festival that is going on down the road.

The living room isn't that bad, but I'd much rather not see toys and dishes on the coffee table.  Kinsley is actually lying on the couch in this picture and Katie is standing in front of the TV.  Kinsley is yelling at Katie to move.  This is going to be a very long day.

Clean clothes on the big chair that I hate.  At least they are clean, right?

My bedroom isn't bad.  I just need to make the bed and pick that little pile of clothes up off the floor.  Don't you just love the 70s style green shag carpet?  It's my fav! (hint of sarcasm)

I dread, dread, dread cleaning this.  This is Kinsley's room.  Did Kinsley make this mess?  Nope.  Katie and my niece, Breanna made this mess.  I let them play with the Calico Critters, which are cute little things with these big fancy houses that come with all of these teeny, tiny pieces.  These are special toys that only come down occassionaly.  They will not be coming down for a while until they can clean it all up themselves.

The monkey bathroom that I share with the girls.  It's also used as a laundry room because I have no where else to hang wet clothes.  I'm so ready to have a bathroom without little monkeys that seem to laugh at me when I step out of the shower.

So, that's the mess of a house that I'm giving myself 3 hours to clean.  3 hours may seem like a long time to some, but I have this OCD problem.  When I clean, I destroy, and then put it all back together again.  I like to clean everything out as I go, closets, dressers, drawers, etc.  That is not my plan today, but sometimes I just can't help it.  My husband doesn't understand why it takes me 2 1/2 days to clean this house that is just over 1,200 square feet.  He can clean it in 30 minutes (huh huh).

Well, off I go.  Time to put on my cleaning music which consists of a variety of songs.  Including but not limited to Flo Rida, Carrie Underwood, Zac Brown Band, LMAFO, CCR, Otis Rhedding, Etta James, Percy Sledge, Adele, Brad Paisley, George Strait, and even some Justin Bieber for the girls (ok, I'll admit...I have a tiny crush on him too).

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. My 3 year old was sitting next to me while I was reading and she said, "I want to play there." Nothing wrong with that! Thanks for visiting my blog - I'm your newest follower now!

    Jess
    www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com
    PS - There is nothing better than cleaning to Flo Rida....

    ReplyDelete