Wednesday, March 14, 2012

3 Hours to Clean

Before I began cleaning I had to take a shower.  I felt yucky.  Then I was off.  I set the timer and started by gathering all of the dirty clothes that were in my house.  I brought them all out to my lovely laundry room (the detached garage) and began sorting.  It literally took me 20 minutes to sort through all of those clothes.  Some of the clothes were already in the garage, and when I picked some towels up, the biggest spider ever ran out.  I ran out of the garage screaming.  I had to calm down and let the goose bumps subside before I went back in there.
I'm a horrible wife and mother.  I can't believe I let the laundry get this bad.  I do have to say that every blanket that we own is in that pile.  I wash them all occassionally and today happened to be their lucky day.


All sorted and ready to roll.  I didn't sort all of the blankets...I just put them in a big pile.  That's why you see a red blanket in with pink sheets.  I'm saving those loads for last.  I have since washed 3 loads of laundry, and dried, folded, and put away 2 loads.  Folding and putting up clothes takes FOREVER!  Especially when a two year wants to help you.

I can now safely walk from my back door to my computer.


The living room.  I still haven't vacuumed because the girls fell asleep watching Mickey Mouse.  I don't think Katie actually fell asleep.  She was up asking for lunch soon after I took this.

Kinsley asleep on the big chair that I hate (I will always call it that...I don't fit in it right.  I'm too short and my head hits the back of it where it bulges out which causes my chin to go down into my chest).  She had a major melt down right before she fell asleep.  She woke up at 4:30 this morning and never went back to sleep.  It was inevitable.

My room was easy!!!  I still hate the green shag carpet...yuck!

I do, however, love my furniture.

I then had to stop and make lunch.  We had breakfast for lunch today because like I said before, I'm a horrible wife and mother and I haven't been to the grocery store in like 2 weeks.

I then had to stop and take a picture of Katie holding Bella.  She took her out of her cage without asking, but she was doing such a good job at holding her.  I ended up closing all of the doors in the hallways and putting the gate up so that Katie could let Bella run around.  She hops and does this popcorn thing...it's great.

The kitchen is done.  All dishes are clean and put away, everything has been wiped down and disinfected, and the floors have been swept.  I still need to mop, but I use one of those steam mops and it's a little loud.  Kinsley is still sleeping on the other side of that half wall.

I love a clean kitchen!  I even wiped off the little handprint that was on the dishwasher.

The dining room didn't take long at all.  I wiped down the table and all 6 chairs, dusted the rest of the furniture, and swept.

That is all I got done in 3 hours.  I didn't even enter Katie's room, Kinsley's room, or either bathroom.  I know, I know.  What am I doing still sitting here?  Well, this momma needed a break.  Plus, I broke a sweat trying to beat the clock (it's over 80 degrees here in S.E. TX today).  I'm sitting in my nice cool dining room at my computer while enjoying the cool air that is coming from the window unit.  It's blowing right on me and I'm LOVING it. 

Alright, time to get up.  I'd like to have it all done before Eben gets home.  He had one of his teeth pulled today and then he went back to work.  He'll be grumpy when he gets home.  I'd like it all done so he has absolutely nothing to complain about.  With the exception of why I'm not dressed and ready to go to the Heritage Festival.


No comments:

Post a Comment