Sunday, July 7, 2013

Happy Independence Day - 3 Days Later (What can I say? We've been busy.)



Katie had spend the night we one of her cousins the night before.  So, it was just me, Daddy, and Kinsley.  We woke up early and went to Beaumont.  We stopped by Academy where we got Daddy some bright, beachy shirts, beach shoes and cover-ups for both girls, and sunscreen.  We are thrilled to be going to the beach again for our family vacation.
After Academy we stopped by the mall.  I had a few gift cards from Bealls that were burning a hole in my wallet.  They needed to be spent.  I found a pair of shorts, 2 tank tops, and a bathing suit for our beach trip. 
Katie came home at around 4:00 and she brought Abby with her.  We had a lot of things planned that evening and they couldn't wait to get started.


We made a birthday cake to celebrate America's Independence.  Kinsley loves to help me in the kitchen.

So does her cousin, Abby.

Katie had a busy day playing outside with Abby on the Slip-in-Slide.  She needed a nap.

After we ate and the cake was baking, we decided to pop our own firecrackers while we waited to head to the park for the firework show there.

Katie has always been scared of loud noises.  She had earplugs in and her hands over her ears.

We drove to my sister's house to park our car since she lives so close to the park.  We walked the rest of the way.  Well, we ran, because we didn't want to miss all of it.

The fireworks were beautiful.

When we got home we lit the sparklers.  Thank goodness for Pinterest.  I found this idea on there.  Why have I never thought of using a plastic cup to protect those little hands?

Kinsley wouldn't do a sparkler, but Katie and Abby did.  They were writing their names with the sparklers.

While we were at the park, Daddy frosted and decorated the cake.  Why didn't I think to get some blueberries????  We sang Happy Birthday to America and then we dug in.

She wanted to more when she was done.  I swear this girl has a worm in her belly.  She has been eating so much lately.

The next day we went to Nanny's house (my sister) where we played with Lily and Ava and Katie learned how to do the Slip-In-Slide.  I needed to work on my tan so that I don't burn next week at the beach.

Katie had a tooth ache.  Poor baby.  She didn't let it stop her from having fun though.  Dentist appt. is July 30th.  She's going to regret having told me that her tooth hurts....LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment