Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Our First Family Vacation - June 2012 (Post 2)

Thursday, June 28, 2012
Eben had to work Thursday, so I took the girls to the beach by myself.  We loaded the golf cart down with all of our stuff (thanks to my Uncle Chuck for letting us use his golf cart...it was a life saver).
Putting up the tarp when you're only 5'1" is impossible.  I couldn't get the legs to go any higher.  This is how it stayed until Eben came back.

I was already burnt on the front side, so I spent most of the day getting burnt on my backside.











I took the girls into the water a few times.  I was so scared of what I couldn't see swimming around my feet, but I did it.  I've been a lot further before, but I had watched a guy pull out 6 baby sharks the day before.  I wasn't about to go any further with my babies.

Katie covered herself in sand.  She ended up getting a rash later that evening.

Enjoying a snack after a long day at the beach.

We were expecting company again on Thursday evening.  I felt that I must make myself pesentable even though I really wanted to not put on any makeup and have my hair in a ponytail.  I was crispy too, so I had to put something on that didn't require much clothing to touch my burns.

Momma's treat after a long day at the beach.

 Enjoying the Gulf breeze.




Me and Allana.

No comments:

Post a Comment